Rather than add individual asset warranties to each asset, asset warranties are associated with the asset subtype.
For example, let's say all Ford Transit vans come with a 3yr / 100,000km warranty. Then the warranty template is created, configured, and assigned to all Ford Transit vans. To configure this:
- Create the 2 new warranty types - Section 1 of Add Asset Warranty Type procedure
- Associate the warranty with the asset subtype - Section 2 of Add Asset Warranty Type procedure
Procedure to Verify the Warranty
1. To verify the asset warranty, open the asset record and click the Menu icon on the top left-hand side of the screen
2. In the side menu, click Asset Warranty
3. Adjust the start date for the time-based warranty if needed
4. Click Save to close.