To get the most from your Assetminder trial, follow these simple rules:
- Put dedicated time aside to trial the software - it's difficult to dig into the software properly if you only spend 5 minutes here and there.
- Include the planned power users in the trial - they will use the system more than anyone so they need to buy into it early.
- Write down all your questions - we have features and functions whereas you have business processes. It may take a follow-up call to figure out how we can fit the features into the business processes.
The purpose of this trial guide is to navigate you through Assetminder in a logical order. This 8 step process will introduce you to the features used by our customers 90% of the time. Click into the red link to see each procedure.
1. Create a new asset - follow this procedure but when prompted for the reg, use a known vehicle registration. Make sure to assign an Asset Type and Subtype to the asset and note them down.
2. Create a PM for the asset - Try both time-based PM starting out. Make sure to make the PM available for the asset type in #1 above.
3. Create a Job card against the asset. When creating the job card, you will be presented with the upcoming planned events for the asset. Include the PM you just created.
4. The job card requires some parts so create a Purchase Order for the job card.
5. Next, switch to the maintenance planner to see how to plan the workweek at a workshop. The maintenance planner helps maximise labour and workshop utilization.
6. Switch to the mobile app to see what the drivers and mechanics will use. First, log in and complete a job card on mobile.
7. Complete a driver inspection on mobile
8. Finally, back in the web app, run a standard report
That's it. Repeat 2-3 times to get a good feel for the system. If this guide didn't cover the functionality you need, we have 100+ procedures available on our knowledge centre that should cover anything you need.